Are you ready to take your taste buds on a ride? Look no further than this summery salad recipe that combines the unexpected flavors of maple syrup with a medley of delicious ingredients. Get ready to have your mind blown and your salad game elevated to a whole new level!
What's the Deal with Maple Syrup?
Maple syrup isn't just for pancakes anymore, folks. This liquid gold adds a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor to any dish, including salads. Its rich, caramel-like taste pairs perfectly with the fresh, crisp ingredients in this recipe, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
Ingredients That Will Make Your Taste Buds Dance
Let's dive into the mouthwatering ingredients that make this salad a true masterpiece:
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups orzo or risoni (uncooked)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 can tuna, drained
- Pinch of dried parsley
- Pinch of dried crushed basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
Putting It All Together
Now that you have all the ingredients, it's time to assemble this flavor-packed salad:
1. Cook orzo/risoni in salted boiling water, as per packet instructions. About 8 minutes, so it still has a bit of bite to it.
2. For the dressing: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. For the salad: Place all ingredients into a large bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss together.
If you’re making a big batch for the next few days, only dress the salad when you place it in your bowls ready to eat, this way it might stretch 3-4 days.
So there you have it, A summery salad recipe that will make your taste buds sing with joy. Whether you're enjoying it as a light lunch or a refreshing side dish, this salad is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead, embrace the maple syrup madness and take your salad game to new heights!